The purpose of the Youth Ministry (Teen SOYO), for students in grades 9-12, at St. Philip is to fully integrate each teen into the life of the Church so that a profound and life-giving relationship with Jesus Christ within His Holy Church can be realized. The committed and faithful group of adults who form our Youth Ministry Team work together to support the parents and families who shape the lives of our teens, providing a safe and nurturing environment for spiritual formation, service and fellowship.
The Youth Ministry of St. Philip is a member of Teen SOYO - The Youth Movement of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America. For information about the national SOYO organization, visit www.teensoyo.org.
- June 13th: 12 Baskets Full (Philadelphia) - Serving the Homeless
- Service opportunity for teens and families
- Meet @ St. Philip 6:15pm
- Plan to help carpool if you can
- July 20th or 21st: Taylor Icon and Lackawanna Mines (Taylor, PA)
- Meet @ St. Philip in the morning
- July 27th: Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis discussion (summer reading group)
- @ St. Philip 7:30pm (after vespers)
- July 29th-August 2nd: St. Philip VBS
- Plan to attend training on July 13th @ St. Philip 9-11am
- August 18: Lawn games and cookout
- @ St. Philip 3-6pm